Funding requests made to the PTG need to meet the following guidelines as outlined in the PTG Bylaws (Article 8, Section 1):
- Equal access or allocation of funds to all persons in the same positions (i.e. to all teachers or to all students’ school wide or at a particular grade level).
- Number of students expected to participate in an activity/availability of the activity to all students school wide or at a particular grade level.
- Enrichment value of an activity or program to the current curriculum.
- The number of students and/or faculty who will benefit from the activity.
- Social value or school community service.
- Likelihood and availability of other funding.
Funding requests will also be evaluated against the organization’s purpose as stated in Article 2:
- Enhance educational, cultural, and social opportunities of the Thoreau School students.
- Provide an open forum for parents, faculty, staff, and administration of the Thoreau School to meet and to facilitate communication on matters affecting the school community.
- Sponsor and provide funds for special activities for students, families, and teachers.
- Serve as a liaison between the parent community and the school system administration.
- Build a relationship between the Thoreau School and the outside community.
- Educate the Thoreau community and take positions on policy or other matters that may affect the community.
- Serve as a resource for parents in the understanding of school policies and practices.
- Instill the positive message of the “Thoreau C.A.R.E.S.” school spirit.
To submit a request to the PTG, please fill out the funding request form. The form can be submitted to PTG Co-Presidents, Deb Antonangeli and Kathleen Dohoney, or dropped off in the PTG mailbox in the Thoreau Main Office.