BOKS Fall 2021 Program
Fall BOKS starts Tuesday, September 21st!!
BOKS is BACK!!! Build Our Kids Success, aka BOKS, is a free before-school physical fitness program that has been immensely popular in years past. With a mission to promote the profound impact of physical activity on a child’s mind, body and community, BOKS kids are better focused and ready to learn. The importance of BOKS is that any child can enjoy the benefits of fitness and that physical activity isn’t just reserved for athletes. The Fall BOKS season will run Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 8:00-8:50 AM, starting on September 21st and running through October 28th. Click here to learn more and to sign up: https://www.thoreauptg.org/boks-fitness-program/
Concord Fall 2021 Programs
Concord Recreation is happy to be back in full-swing with fall programming! Check out our website for more details: www.concordrec.com
Thoreau School Programs located right in Thoreau!
- Chess Club (Tues, 8:00-8:50am Gr K-5): Kids must already know how to play chess. They will play each other right from the start, and added to the virtual chess club!
- Lego Engineering (Tues, 3:30pm-4:30pm Gr 2-5): In Lego Engineering Concepts investigate simple machines including gears, pulleys, cams, inclined planes, and ratchets. FULL.
- September 13 – October 4 – Monday: Floor hockey, ages 7-9 3-4pm……ages 10-12, 4:15-5:15pm
- September 15 – October 6 – Wednesday: Golf, 3-4pm ages 5-8
- Flag Football, ages 7-9, 4:15pm-5:15pm
Ages 7-12: Learn coding through Minecraft, learn to build a game in Roblox, or participate in coding strategy games! Code Wiz promotes a vision in which all students critically engage in computer science issues; approach problems in innovative ways; and create computational artifacts with a practical, personal, or societal intent.
NEW to Concord – Esports leagues and events for ages 8-18! You can safely play your favorite games in a competitive league, or one off major event. Play Madden 21, Fortnite, Super Smash Bros, or Rocket League.