The THOREAU FAMILY FESTIVAL & CAKE WALK is almost here!!
Saturday, March 26th from 2-4pm
Don’t forget to start planning your cakes for the Cake Decorating Contest! You can also make prize cakes for the Cake Walk winners!
We need LOTS and LOTS of cakes – 300 to 400!! The more cakes we get, the more winners we’ll have at the Cake Walk. Please help!
Cake Decorating Contest Info.
- Cakes to be entered in the Cake Decorating Contest should be dropped off between 12:30pm and 1:30 pm on Sat. March 26th to the Faculty Dining Room (near the gym on the ground floor of the school).
- Judging will begin promptly at 1:45pm.
- All cakes entered in the Contest must be decorated by a Thoreau student.
- Please do not use cake plates or decorations that you want returned to you.
- You may enter as many cakes in the Contest as you like.
- All cakes must be wrapped in plastic wrap, and labeled with the cake flavor, the student’s name, grade, teacher and Contest category.
- The Contest categories are: Best Animal Theme, Best Book Theme, Most Colorful, Most Creative, Best Food Theme, Best Nature Theme, Best Sports Theme, and Best Historical Figure/Theme.
- Cakes that win the Contest will be displayed during the Festival and may be taken home by their respective student decorators.
- Cakes that do not win the Contest will be handed out as prize cakes during the Cake Walk.
Prize Cake Donation Info.
- You may bring prize cakes for the Cake Walk (cakes not to be judged in the Contest) any time before or during the Festival.
- All prize cakes must be wrapped in plastic wrap and labeled with the flavor of the cake.
- If you bring an allergy-free prize cake, please let us know when you drop it off.
- Prize cakes don’t need to be big. You can make 2 prize cakes out of 1 box of mix!
Questions? Please email Beth Symko at firstname.lastname@example.org