May 4-8, 2015, is Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week.
Give thanks! Appreciation Week is approaching, and our Thoreau teachers and staff are top notch! Personal notes are one of the best ways to express appreciation for all of their effort and time. We encourage all students – and parents – to give a short note or thank you card to favorite teachers/specialists/staff. You can directly give your cards anytime throughout May 4 – 8. Don’t forget classroom teachers, specialists and specials teachers, service workers, and administrators.
In addition, The Staff Appreciation Committee has planned the following school-wide celebratory activities (meaningful, easy and fun!):
· Sunday, May 3, 12:00-2:00pm: Chalking of the Sidewalks
All are invited to bring a picnic lunch and help with this Thoreau tradition. We will “chalk” names of teachers and staff along with decorations and cheerful notes outside the school. These will greet teachers and staff on Monday, May 4. Parents and kids can also make a note or card for a special Thoreau teacher or staff. Cards will be collected and distributed on May 8.
· May 4 – 8: Daily Morning Announcements (those read at school over the loudspeaker by students) will incorporate short statements about how/why we appreciate teachers and staff.
· Tuesday, May 5 (Teacher/Staff Appreciation Day!): A new “Staff Appreciation” banner will be hung at the front entrance for the rest of the week.
· Wednesday, May 6: Staff Breakfast, hosted by the Staff Appreciation Committee.
· Friday, May 8: Last day to bring a note or card during Staff Appreciation Week! All cards made at the Sidewalk Chalking will be given on Friday.
We hope you will take a moment to say “thanks” to teachers and staff who serve the students every day. Thanks for your help!
– The Staff Appreciation Committee